Welcome to the Nacogdoches Friends of the Library
The Nacogdoches Friends of the Library was formed in 1972 for the sole purpose of bringing a public library to Nacogdoches, Texas. The City of Nacogdoches and the Friends opened the doors of the public library in the old Federal Building on Main Street in 1974. The Library was moved to its present location on North Street in March 1997.
The Friends exist to support the library as a cultural and educational center in Nacogdoches County. The objectives include:
- to create public support for an expanding library program;
- purchase special items and supplies for the library which are not available through the regular budget;
- encourage gifts, endowments, and memorials for the library;
- sponsor programs to add to the cultural life of the community;
- provide on-site volunteers to assist the library staff in the services of the library and administering the sale of surplus and used books.
Click on the link below for more information about how you can get involved!
Friends of the Library Form
Books New and Used
The Friends welcome your donation of gently used books for their book sale. Call the library for drop-off information.
For more information on joining The Friends of the Nacogdoches Public Library call (936) 559-2970.