- Planning & Zoning
Planning & Zoning
The City of Nacogdoches is undergoing two intensive planning processes to update its Comprehensive Plan and Downtown Master Plan. These plans will serve as a road map for the next 20 to 30 years, which will help guide decisions related to land use, downtown, transportation, and housing.
Please visit nacogdochesplans.com to learn more. Para español, haga clic aquí. Throughout the planning process, this page will serve as the hub for all updates and engagement, so be sure to bookmark it to your device.
Notice of Public Hearings
ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, May 18, 2023at 4:00 p.m.
Public Hearing: Consider a variance to the Zoning Ordinance Section 118-428. – Commercial and industrial screening from view.(b)(1) Screening wall standards, and Section 118-429. – Commercial sites with residential adjacency. (d)(2) Screening wall standards, to provide alternative screening wall materials for Lot 39, City Block 95, located at 4110 Old Tyler Road. This request has been submitted by Rudisill Properties. Case File ZBA2023-04.
The Public Hearing will be in the Council Chambers, Room 119 of City Hall, 202 E. Pillar Street, Nacogdoches, Texas on Thursday, May 18, 2023, at 4:00 PM. For questions regarding this request, please contact the City of Nacogdoches Planning Department at 936-559-2574, or visit www.nactx.us/pz.
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION:
Monday, May 8, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
The Planning and Zoning Commission & City Council will consider the following item:
Public Hearing: Consider a request for approval of a Zone Change for Lot 3, City Block 54 from B-2, General Business to R-3, Two Family District, and a Zone Change request for Lot 3-C, City Block 54 from A, Agriculture to R-3, Two Family District, located at 2603 John Richardson Road. This request has been submitted by Bryan Moore. Case File ZON2023-03.
The Public Hearing will be in the Council Chambers, Room 119 of City Hall, 202 E. Pillar Street, Nacogdoches, Texas on Monday, May 8, 2023, at 5:00 PM, and Tuesday, May 16, 2023, at 5:30 PM (respectively). For questions regarding this request, please contact the City of Nacogdoches Planning Department at 936-559-2574, or visit www.nactx.us/pz.
Planning Department’s Mission
The mission of the planning department is to provide for a choice of land uses while protecting owners against the adverse affects of other’s actions and to achieve economic prosperity while creating a more desirable community for all to live.
The planning and zoning department wants to give every citizen the greatest number of land use options while promoting land uses conforming to the neighborhood. In order to meet the needs of citizens, the planning and zoning department performs several different functions including:
- Administration of subdivision ordinance
- Administration of zoning ordinance
- Economic development activities
- Long range comprehensive planning
- Processing annexations
- Encourage a variety of housing options that are affordable at all income levels
- Ensure adequate choice and efficiency of infrastructure for transportation
- Facilitate development of undeveloped parcels and redevelopment of existing properties in a manner that allows the highest and best use of the land, but still protects the healthy, safety, and welfare of the surrounding neighborhood
- Protection of the environment and natural resources
- Provide for the protection of existing neighborhoods and proper planning of new neighborhoods to ensure a continued high quality of life for Nacogdoches residents